Clear all

2005 E350 Quigley 4x4 V10 to 12 Valve

11 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

The 2005 gas vans with the 5R110 present a pretty unique set of challenges. As of this date, we do not have a way to control the 5R110 transmission  with the stock tcm. so for this project, we'll take the V10 gas and the 5R110 out, and in it's place is a 12 valve rotary pump Cummins and 4R100 trans. The 4R is very easily controlled with a U.S. Shift controller.

The stock Ford frame side mounts do need to be removed. the ones in this van were bolted and tack-welded into place. once that's done, the driver side mount can be installed. We leave of the passenger side for space to get the Cummins back in. 

This what it would look like with both. Again though, we'll leave that passenger side mount off to get the engine in.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Brian Hollingsworth

(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

Here are the DCS mounts with the factory mounts removed and the crossmember prepped.

and with the DCS mounts installed. Note##--you will have to leave the passenger side off to actually slide the engine in, then install it.

ReplyQuote
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

There is just enough room to slide that engine in with oil pan and pick up tube removed, and the engine chained up as close to the forks as possible.

ReplyQuote
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

Driver side mount (mount set for a 12 valve in an Econoline is #2459)

This post was modified 4 years ago by Brian Hollingsworth

ReplyQuote
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

passenger side mounts

ReplyQuote
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

amazingly enough, it all fits with no modification to the doghouse or the surrounding floor.

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Brian Hollingsworth

DWitcher reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

The original 5R110 transmission is a great trans, but, the 5R110 that was behind a gas engine is one of the few that we do not have a stand-alone controller for.  6.0 and 6.4  vehicles, we can retain the stock trans controller and generate new tunes in-house.

the new Monster trans 4R100

it's much easier to get the engine in and set, then get the trans and t-case back in place.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Brian Hollingsworth

ReplyQuote
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

DCS does carry some sensor adapters. it's a DCS #1054 in this case for oil pressure and water temp.

ReplyQuote
(@dcs_brian)
Member Admin Registered
Topic starter  

For an exhaust manifold, it's just a replacement high-flow. DCS # 3100. Stock turbo. For now.

ReplyQuote
(@dwitcher)

Any more updates? I think the Cummins into the Econoline platform has been a long time waiting by anyone. Correct me if I'm wrong but are you using the Dodge alternator and A/C comp bracket? Curious to see what the plans for the radiator and intercooler are. I'm hoping an IDI radiator and 6.0 intercooler will work in mine.

c33v0 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dwitcher)

I got the 12 Valve in my 95 E250 with it set back a few inches further than the one the OP is working on and the Ford IDI radiator and 6.4 intercooler are the way to go. The radiator bolts in right up to the factory van mounts like it was meant to be.  Everything fits behind the original grille but I decided to do the updated front clip from a '12. There is a ton of room for the 12 valve.

ReplyQuote
Share: